To our shareholders
For FY2018, we have outlined the following as core issues that we will address aggressively as we aim to achieve our 2020 medium-term business plan.
1. Establish growth platform: Upfront investments in growth businesses
To establish a platform for growth, we will conduct upfront investments with a focus on the following two pillars.
- Content investments, collaborations with other companies to create new value
- Aggressive investments in content for the film and video content business
- Investments for dubbing studio upgrades and IT systems for the localization business
- Partner with external organizations and businesses to develop businesses using various imaging technology
- Create new businesses compatible with new imaging technology and IT
- New investments in promising venture businesses using Group venture capital
- Promote Group R&D Division activities related to gathering information about and the commercialization of advanced technologies for film and video production
- Creation and commercialization of new group-wide businesses based on the internal venture system
- Promote R&D and business expansion activities by imaging systems businesses related to the optical surveying segment
2. Build revenue platforms
We will implement the following policies to build a firm revenue platform.
- Merge IMAGICA with two subsidiaries to expand orders received by our film and video production service business in growth sectors, and to restructure our production system and optimize order management.
- Improve operations and customer-specific margins for the localization business
- Improve segment-specific business revenue management, and revenue and optimize our business portfolio
3. Evolve into a new Group
Concentrate Group company strengths and apply our collective strengths towards responding to the needs of our customers and society.
- Changed name to the IMAGICA GROUP, launched new Group branding strategy
- Promote Group as a one-stop solutions provider
- Promote Group-wide workstyle reforms
- Develop human resources to support Group management
Representative Director, President